During this past weekend the "monthly" SL Bloggers' party took place at Sailor's Cove, courtesy of hosts GoSpeed Racer and Ravishal Bentham. It was only my second party, and I really don't know many of the bloggers in attendance - yet. I had a fab time and I will report here for those who did not attend, or even those who did.
Yeah, I should post a picture. But I didn't take any, as I was intimidated (and surrounded) by truly awesome Second Life photographic artists on all sides, and besides, in every direction I looked was a "gray" person. Sigh.
Unlike many events in Second Life where participants constantly say "WooT!!!@" or that awful "Yee-hahhh!" sound and spell terribly in chat, this event was filled with writers. Who know how to speel. Um, spell. And make puns. Lots of them.
A few stray highlights:
- Veyron Supercharge and Tiessa Mongolfier dressed as ethereal fantasy mermaids, floating in the air. Well, at least until Veyron wanted to dance and suddenly lost her tail!
- Mylena Aquitaine appearing as a fish (hmm, which species was it? Tuna? Mackerel?) and Nobody Fugazi's flaming penguin avatar pursuing her in search of Fresh Sushi!
- Vint Falken whipping up a large bowl-shaped aquarium for Mylena. And the ultra-kewl Top Hat!
- I believe there were some naked (or near naked) avatars, but I didn't see them because I was too busy following the puns in the chat log... Ok, Ok, it was Veyron! (see pictures below)
- Crap Mariner somehow walking sideways on the wall and not falling down.
- Some incredibly amazing music mashups by the DJ.
Feeling bad about the lack of images here, I scoured the blogs to find any other posts on this event, and found only the following. Unlike me, they took photos:
Ravishal and GoSpeed, thank you again for organizing this!
FLASH UPDATE: Other party reports are now emerging... I guess I should have waited a bit longer to write mine. As usual Vint has a very comprehensive post including links to even more reports and pictures:
Oh, yes, I somehow forgot all about the "seamen" jokes! NOT.